The Christmas season is fast approaching and you are invited to visit beautiful Olympic National Forest to enjoy the winter splendor and cut your own Christmas tree. “You-Cut” Christmas tree permits are available from now until December 24 at various locations around the Olympic Peninsula.
The permits cost $5.00 each and credit cards are now accepted as well as cash and checks.
Permits are available during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, with special weekend hours at some locations. The permits are valid only in specified areas of Olympic National Forest. Maps and a list of cutting locations will be provided with each permit sale.
Please contact your local office for hours and additional information, as well as for current road and weather conditions. Please be prepared to drive in winter conditions, wear warm clothing, and bring extra food and water. Note that all offices will be closed on November 28 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
• Olympic National Forest Headquarters in Olympia (360-956-2300)
• Hood Canal Ranger District Office in Quilcene (360-765-2200)
• Pacific Ranger District Office in Quinault (360-288-2525)
• Hoodsport Visitor Information Center (360-877-2021)
• Forks Visitor Information Center (360-374-6522)
November 19, 2013/Olympic National Forest Press Release