Porn Actor's Positive HIV Test Follows Condom Ruling

b_250_0_16777215_00_images_obgrabber_2013-08_10a5cbb6d5.jpgiStockphoto/Thinkstock (LOS ANGELES) -- A porn actor's positive HIV test, which prompted an industry-wide shutdown, comes less than a week after a federal judge rejected the porn industry's claim that a measure mandating condoms in pornography production was unconstitutional. The Safer Sex in the Adult Film Industry Act, or Measure B, passed by popular vote in Los Angeles County last November.

Read more...

Indiana School Welcomes Eight Sets of Twins in One Grade

b_250_0_16777215_00_images_obgrabber_2013-08_4b088b3ba4.jpgPurestock/Thinkstock (PERU, Ind.) -- Pipe Creek Elementary School has 168 kindergarten students this year, and 16 of them are twins. “We have eight sets of twins this year,” says principal Laura Fulton. “And they’re all such sweet, sweet kids. It’s phenomenal.” Fulton says the coincidence is even more unbelievable because the Peru, Ind., school district is so small, with 2,100 kids total. Pipe Creek is home to all of the kindergarten students in the district, split up into eight classes.

Read more...

Doctors Investigate Indian Baby for Spontaneous Combustion

b_250_0_16777215_00_images_obgrabber_2013-08_aec679820c.jpg Nathan G/Barcroft Media/Landov (NEW YORK) -- A 3-month-old Indian baby is at the center of a medical mystery as doctors are trying to determine if the infant suffered from spontaneous human combustion, according to the New York Times. The infant is being treated at the Kilpauk Medical College Hospital in Chennai, India, after his parents claimed he caught on fire four separate times.

Read more...

Ohio Man Declared Dead Comes Back to Life

GETTY_82213_Defrib 1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1377167329798iStockphoto/Thinkstock (KETTERING, Ohio) -- When 17-year-old Lawrence Yahle learned his father was dead earlier this month at Kettering Medical Center in Ohio, he ran down the hall to see nurses around his father's body.  They weren't trying to revive him anymore. Distraught, Lawrence pointed and shouted, "Dad, you're not going to die today."

Read more...

Mom Sues Pharmacy After Daughter's Fatal Overdose

b_250_0_16777215_00_images_obgrabber_2013-08_0b79ecdefc.jpgKTRK (HOUSTON) -- A Houston mother is suing her longtime pharmacy, claiming that a dosage error led to her daughter's death. Simone Allen says her 6-year-old daughter, Jadalyn, died after taking a dose of morphine 10 times higher than her prescription called for.  Jadalyn had been taking the liquid painkiller off and on for sickle cell anemia.

Read more...