Friends Of The Shelton Pool
Friends of the Shelton Pool is a grass roots community group formed with a desire to help keep the Shelton High School pool open and available to the schools and community. Their mission is to speak with a united voice in support of the pool and to work together to keep it open through activism and fundraising.
Working Together to Keep the Community Pool Open
Friends of the Shelton Pool has partnered with Quick Water Swim Club, a local 501(c)3 non-profit. QWSC is a local youth swim club dedicated to fostering a life-long love of swimming and competition. In addition, the Friends are working with the Pool Advisory Committee. Together they will be overseeing fundraising for the Shelton Pool Repairs.
The Shelton Pool is currently in need of some very costly repairs. First, in the mechanical room, the "Pit Lid", a concrete structure over the pool pump and filters, needs to be replaced. This project is estimated to cost approximately $120,000. Second, the pool surface is in need of replacement. The current surface is original to the pool having served a long and useful life. The surface is beginning to deteriorate and needs replacement. This replacement is estimated to cost $108-120,000. There are also various other smaller projects that should be done to better serve the needs of pool patrons.
How You Can Help
There are many ways you can get involved:
- Join the Friends of the Shelton Pool Facebook group for information, updates and ways you can volunteer (you must be signed up on facebook to see this page and join the group)
- Donate online through their web funding site.
- Purchase a sweatshirt, t-shirt or wristband to show your support.
- Advertise your business at the pool facility (see website for more information).
- Purchase a memorial or honorary tile for display at the pool (see website for more information).
- Volunteer at a fundraising event. Watch their Facebook page for opportunities to get involved.
- Spread the word! Share the Friends of the Shelton Pool website and Facebook page with friends, family, neighbors and local community groups to help build support.
- Visit their website for the latest information for Fundraising and Events.
May 16, 2014/Friends of the Shelton Pool Press Release