DNR Vessel Turn-In Program Now Available
If you want to dispose of your boat safely and legally, but you don’t have the resources, you may qualify for the Vessel Turn in Program, managed by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
- Has your dream boat become a nightmare?
- Do you own a boat that is in poor condition or is no longer functional?
- Is your boat less than 45 feet in length?
- Do you want to help keep Washington’s waterways clean and free of hazardous waste?
- Are you a Washington resident?
- Did you know that abandoning a vessel carries a fine* of up to $1,000.00 and 90 days in jail?
To learn more about the Vessel Turn-In Program, please go to: http://1.usa.gov/1o488ds or call 360-902-BOAT (2628).
*RCW 7.80.120 (Plus, owners who abandon vessels are responsible for all costs associated with removal and disposal.)
May 17, 2014/MCSO Press Release