Mason County Burn Ban Starts July 11 Noon
Effective July 11th at 12:00pm the Mason County Fire Marshal’s Office in conjunction with the Mason County Fire Chiefs have issued a county wide burn ban restricting all outdoor burning to include residential, agricultural, and land clearing fires. Recreational fires are currently approved and must meet the following conditions:
- Fires shall be in metal or concrete fire pits, such as those typically found in designated campgrounds.
- Recreational fires are not used for yard debris disposal.
- Maximum size of three feet in diameter.
- 10 foot fire break constructed around the fire with a 20 foot vertical clearance.
- Fire must be 25 feet away from a structure or other combustible material.
- Must not create a nuisance from smoke or endanger life or property.
- Adult in attendance with equipment capable of extinguishing the fire at all times.
Further information about Outdoor Burning may be obtained HERE.
Jeromy Hicks, Captain
Fire Inspections, Education, and Investigations
North Mason Regional Fire Authority