Trial Date Set for Accused Boston Marathon Bomber
(BOSTON) -- The trial for accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been set for Nov. 3, a federal judge said Wednesday. Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty to 30 charges relating to the deadly dual bombing last April, an attack prosecutors say he carried out with his older brother, Tamerlan, who was killed in a shootout with police days after the bombing.
Three people were killed, including an 8-year-old boy, and more than 260 were injured when twin explosions ripped through the crowds near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013.
Last month Attorney General Eric Holder authorized government prosecutors to seek the death penalty against the younger Tsarnaev.
"I think it is a realistic and a fair [trial date]," U.S. District Court Judge George O'Toole said of his ruling Wednesday. "I will say to both sides this will be undoubtedly be a lengthy trial."
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio