Not Again! Sterling Says LA Clippers Aren't for Sale
(LOS ANGELES) -- If it's Tuesday, it must mean suspended Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has changed his mind again about selling the team co-owned with wife Shelly Sterling. As of last week, all indications were that the sale of the Clippers for $2 billion to former Microsoft exec Steve Ballmer was a done deal with Sterling's attorney saying that his client wouldn't block the transaction brokered by his spouse.
It also appeared that Sterling was dropping the $1 billion lawsuit he filed against the NBA for charges relating to his racist rant against African-Americans that was recorded by assistant V. Stiviano.
However, Sterling has now issued a one-page statement titled "The Team is Not for Sale" while attorney Maxwell Belcher says he will prosecute the lawsuit against the NBA upon the orders of the Clippers owner. As of Tuesday morning, there was no formal response to this latest development from NBA Commissioner Adam Silver or Shelly Sterling.
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio