Deadline for First Review of Applications: Wednesday, February 5, 5:00 p.m.
The Olympia City Council’s General Government Committee is accepting applications for positions on 7 citizen-member advisory committees and one community board. Application information is posted on the City’s website: olympiawa.gov/committees.
The advisory committees are:
• Arts Commission (2 vacancies; 3 positions with ending terms)
• Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (1 vacancy; 3 positions with ending terms)
• Design Review Board (2 Architect or Landscape Architect positions, and 1 citizen-at-large position; all ending terms)
• Heritage Commission (4 positions with ending terms)
• Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee (1 vacancy; 2 positions with ending terms)
• Planning Commission (3 positions with ending terms)
• Utility Advisory Committee (2 positions with ending terms)
The community board is Olympia’s position on the Thurston Community Television Board (TCTV).
Appointments are effective April 1. Terms of appointment are staggered with about one-third of the positions ending each year. Current members with ending terms are eligible to apply for reappointment.
While Olympia accepts applications year-round, the deadline for the first review of Spring appointments is Wednesday, February 5, 5:00 p.m. The Council’s General Government Committee will review the list of applicants at its February 11 meeting and determine a selection process at that time. Members of the General Government Committee are Councilmembers Jeannine Roe (Chair), Jim Cooper, and Cheryl Selby.
The positions are non-paid. At least one-half of the members of a committee at any given time must reside in in the City of Olympia or Olympia’s Urban Growth Area.
January 29, 2014