2 Weeks width and Lane Restrictions on I-90 E of Snoqualmie Pass
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will open to two lanes eastbound and one lane westbound three miles east of the summit until 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 19. After 8 p.m., I-90 will open to two lanes westbound and one lane eastbound until 9 p.m. Sunday, April 20. After 9 p.m. on Sunday, I-90 will be reduced to a single lane in both directions 24 hours a day until April 25.
Drivers will also experience minor delays Monday through Friday due to shoulder and ramp closures at the Oakes Ave Interchange near Cle Elum (milepost 85) and the Thorpe Road Interchange near Ellensburg (milepost 101). The eastbound Indian John Rest Area will close to travelers at 6 a.m. Monday, April 21 until 7 p.m. Thursday, April 24. Drivers will need to watch for signs directing them to the next rest area.
From 10 p.m. Saturday, April 12, until 9 a.m. Saturday, April 26, the Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will reduce traffic along a 4-mile stretch of I-90 between milepost 56 and milepost 60 to a single lane in each direction. Crews will be busy preparing detours for the 2014 construction season and removing the 64-year-old snowshed near milepost 58.
“We can’t stress how important it is for drivers to know before they go,” said Don Whitehouse, WSDOT regional administrator. “Before heading out the door, drivers should plan ahead—or consider changing their travel plans altogether—in order to avoid major delays during the lane closures.”
Drivers can also access the following resources to help plan their trips:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates.
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
- Check the weekly Construction Updates and Traffic pages for region-wide updates.
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass.
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.