Night Lane Closures: I-5 Near Tumwater
TUMWATER – Nighttime drivers traveling on southbound Interstate 5 from Tumwater should anticipate lane closures four nights next week. The lane closures are required as crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation install new reflective lane markings. This work is weather dependent and will be postponed in the event of inclement weather.
Assuming dry weather conditions, motorists can expect the following traffic impacts. Note that each night crews will cover about six miles of I-5, however they will only close lanes along two-mile increments at a time. All the work will be in the southbound direction.
Lane closure details:
- 9 p.m. Monday, June 2, to 5 a.m. Tuesday, June 3
- Crews will close the left and center southbound I-5 lanes in two-mile increments between mileposts 96 and 90.
- 9 p.m. Tuesday, June 3, to 5 a.m. Wednesday, June 4
- Crews will work in the same six-mile location as above, however they will close the center and right lanes of southbound I-5 in two-mile increments.
- 9 p.m. Wednesday, June 4, to 5 a.m. Thursday, June 5
- Crews will continue striping work from about milepost 90 to the Thurston/Lewis County line. They will close left and center lanes of southbound I-5 in two-mile increments.
- 9 p.m. Thursday, June 5, to 5 a.m. Friday, June 6
- Crews will close the center and right lanes of southbound I-5 at approximately milepost 91 to the Thurston/Lewis County Line.