Timberland Regional Library (TRL) now offers patrons unlimited free access to complete digital editions of about 100 popular magazines through the library’s website. Library cardholders can read the latest issues on their PC or Mac computers, and most tablets and mobile devices as soon as they create their free accounts with the library and e-magazine provider Zinio. The startup collection includes magazines for a variety of interests, such as National Geographic, US Weekly, Every Day with Rachael Ray, Bloomberg Businessweek, Shape, Rolling Stone, Martha Stewart Living, Motor Trend, American Girl, Cosmopolitan, O - The Oprah Magazine and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance.
The e-magazines are full-text and full-color, and some provide additional content such as video, audio and web links.
- Read popular magazines on a PC, Mac or mobile devices that have Internet access
- No waiting to borrow; all titles are always available
- Check out as many as you want and keep them for as long as you like
- New issues are available online at the same time the print edition is released
- Back issues dating from the beginning of the library’s subscription will also be available
- Browse the library’s entire collection of Zinio magazines, search by magazine title, or use the genre feature to find magazines in different interest areas
- Free apps are available for iPad®, iPhone®, Kindle Fire™, and Android™
Patrons can start at http://www.trl.org/Collection/Pages/Zinio.aspx to create their TRL and RBLibrary Zinio accounts. The page also includes an illustrated step-by-step “Zinio Digital Magazines Checkout and Download Instructions” document if needed.
For the initial collection, the library chose from Zinio’s most popular titles and the titles that TRL patrons checked out most often (when available with Zinio) as well as titles in a variety of genres to cover a wide range of interests.
For more information, people can contact a local Timberland Library or visit www.TRL.org.