Drivers need to plan for 2 or more hours Monday and Wednesday. Extended closures next week means drivers need to plan ahead and add two or more hours to their driver.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews plan to close I-90 in both directions starting at 7:30 p.m., Monday, July 15 and Wednesday, July 17. Traffic will be stopped eastbound at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound at Price Creek (milepost 61) and at Easton (milepost 70). A reopening time depends on the amount of debris that comes down and the stability of the slope.
The closures planned for Tuesday, July 16 and Thursday, July 18 are scheduled for an hour from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. The pass will be closed eastbound at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound at Price Creek (milepost 61).
Drivers will also experience delays due to multiple construction zones from North Bend to Ellensburg Monday through Friday.
To keep up with construction-related closures and delays, drivers are encouraged to use the following tools to plan their trips this summer:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511