The Department of Health is pleased to announce that registration is open for the Community Health Worker Training available in 2013. This FREE online training is part of the Healthy Communities Washington initiative which to increase access to quality preventative health care services and other community resources. We are working with Local Health Jurisdictions and the Breast, Cervical and Colon Heath Program to facilitate these trainings four times a year in seven regions around the state.
The training lasts eight weeks and is delivered through a blend of in-person and online classes. Participants gain valuable skills to reduce barriers and coordinate care for people. After completing the core training, participants can sign up for one-week training modules on health topics like heart disease, diabetes, and prostate cancer. Participants should plan on spending two to four hours each week to complete the online portion of the training.
Find more information on the Department of Health website.
- Highlights the benefits of the training system.
- Lists the training dates and locations.
- Lists contact information for Prime Contractors, Healthy Communities Hubs, and department staff involved with the Training System.
- Provides a link to registration.
- Provides a link to a map that shows the Community Health Worker Training System regional areas.
Enclosed please find the training flyer, training dates, locations and map. Please share this information with your employees, partners, stakeholders, and co-workers who may be interested in attending. Please click HERE to register for a session in your region.
Submitted by WSDOH