The Washington Department of Ecology (Ecology) invites the public to comment on the state’s proposed update to portions of the State Implementation Plan (SIP). That is a statewide plan for meeting air quality standards.
In recent years, the state has revised parts of its general air pollution regulation, Chapter 173-400 of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC). Ecology proposes to submit the adopted changes to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for inclusion in the plan. EPA will review the state’s submittal and decide whether to approve the changes to the plan.
This SIP update will:
- Replace the old rule language with current language.
- Include new sections.
- Remove outdated requirements.
- Update references to federal requirements.
- Renumber sections of the rule.
You can review the proposed plan and related documents on Ecology’s website.
Ecology is seeking public comments on the proposed plan changes from Friday, Aug. 9, through Sept. 20, 2013. You are also invited to comment on the plan during a public hearing at 6 p.m. Sept. 11 at Ecology headquarters, 300 Desmond Drive SE, Lacey.
Here is how you can submit written comments:
- Mail them to Anya Caudill, Washington Department of Ecology, P.O. Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600.