Rock blasting: Snoqualmie Pass
One hour closures Tuesday and Thursday, extended closure Wednesday
HYAK – After enjoying an extended holiday weekend, drivers need to be aware rock blasting next week will close Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass for an hour Tuesday and Thursday nights and for two or more hours on Wednesday night.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close the pass from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 3 and Thursday, Sept. 5 for an hour and on Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 6:30 p.m. for two or more hours. During rock blasting closures traffic will be stopped eastbound at Gold Creek and westbound at the Stampede Pass interchange.
Drivers will also experience delays due to multiple construction zones from North Bend to Ellensburg Tuesday, Sept. 3 through Friday, Sept. 6 during the day and at night.
WSDOT provides a variety of tools to navigate over I-90:
- Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- Take a look at what goes on during rock blasting closures
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511
Submitted by WSDOT