The fall sailing schedule begins Sunday, Sept. 22. This means less sailings on some Washington State Ferries routes in the system. Highlights of the fall 2013 schedule include:
• Anacortes/San Juan Islands - Four vessels in service
• Anacortes/Sidney, B.C. - One daily roundtrip via Friday Harbor
• Fauntleroy/Vashon Island/Southworth - Fewer sailings on weekends
• Mukilteo/Clinton - Fewer late night and early morning sailings, Thursdays through Sundays
• Port Townsend/Coupeville - Two-boat service continues until Monday, October 14; one-boat service resumes Tuesday, October 15
Autumn also brings fare increases and policy changes that were adopted by the Washington State Transportation Commission on July 20, 2013. The new fares and policies taking effect on Oct. 1 include:
• Increases of 2 percent on passenger fares and 3 percent on vehicle fares
• Increases of 4.1 percent on Anacortes/Sidney B.C. vehicle and passenger fares
• Completes a three-phase plan that was started in 2011, providing reduced fares for smaller vehicles. In this final phase, the vehicle fare for cars less than 14 feet will be charged 70 percent of the vehicle fare charged for standard vehicles (14 feet to less than 22 feet).
• Eliminates the motorcycle oversize surcharge. Vehicles that currently pay the motorcycle oversize surcharge will pay either the under-14-feet-vehicle fare or, if they are under 8-feet in length, the motorcycle/driver fare.
• Increases the youth discount (for ages 6 through 18) from the current 20 percent off the full fare, to 50 percent off the full fare.
For more information or to make a reservation, please visit www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries or call 1-888-808-7977
September 20, 2013/WSDOT Press Release