All offices will be open for regular business on December 24 and December 31. Thurston County garbage and recycling customers are reminded that there is no curbside collection service on Wednesday, December 25 or Wednesday, January 1. For customers who normally have garbage and recycling collected on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays, collection will be done one day later after Christmas Day and after New Year’s Day. Remember that bins should be at your curb and ready for collection by 6 a.m. on your pick-up day.
- Regular Wednesday customers—pick-up Thursday, Dec. 26 and Thursday, Jan. 2
- Regular Thursday customers—pick-up Friday, Dec. 27 and Friday, Jan. 3
- Regular Friday customers—pick-up Saturday, Dec. 28 and Saturday, Jan. 4
The county’s Waste and Recovery Center in Lacey will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. The WARC will be open for regular hours from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. On December 24 and December 31.
- Fire and Police Emergency Services: Call 9-1-1 for emergency police, fire and medic services. Residents are urged to use 9-1-1 for life-threatening emergencies only.
- Thurston County Sheriff Non-emergency Services: Residents of unincorporated Thurston County are urged to call the Sherriff’s Department non-emergency number at (360) 704-2740 for non-emergency issues like noise complaints. 9-1-1 should be used for life-threatening emergencies only.
- ounty Parks Open: Burfoot Park, Frye Cove Park, Kenneydell Park and the Off-Leash Dog Park at the WARC will be open during regular park hours.
- Intercity Transit: IT will not operate its local or express bus service on Wednesday, December 25 or Wednesday, January 1. IT bus service will also end early on Christmas Eve—Tuesday, December 24. The last bus departure will be between 5:30 and 7:15 p.m., depending on the route, and IT Customer Service will close at 6 p.m. Call (360) 786-1881 or visit www.intercitytransit.com for more Christmas Eve early closure details and other holiday service information.
December 23, 2013/TC Public Notice