Travel Tools Available For Labor Day Weekend
Dust off those study skills before school starts and use them to check the Washington State Department of Transportation’s predicted travel volumes on the state’s major travel routes.
To help drivers navigate holiday traffic, WSDOT gathers data to provide the best times to travel on Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass, US 2 over Stevens Pass, Interstate 5 through Thurston and Pierce counties and I-5 between Bellingham and the U.S./Canada border.
Real-time travel information is also available, with:
- online tools that provide traffic camera images, ferry schedules and a map of highway incidents and closures
- 511 travel information hotline. For out-of-state callers, it’s 1-800-695-ROAD (7623)
- WSDOT mobile app, email alerts and other tools, such as Twitter and Facebook
- overhead and roadside electronic signs
- highway advisory radio stations: 530 AM or 1610 AM
To help ease traffic congestion, WSDOT and its contractors will suspend most state highway construction work at noon Friday, Aug. 30, through Monday, Sept. 2.