Lacey Fire District 3 to Hold Public Hearing on 2015 Budget
The Board of Fire Commissioners will hold a Public Hearing in conjunction with their regular meeting on Thursday, November 6, 2014. The meeting is held at the District’s Headquarters Fire Station (1231 Franz St. SE), and will begin at 5:30 p.m. The purpose of the Hearing is to seek public comment on the proposed 2015 Fire District budget. This is the first public hearing for this issue, and the Board expects to take action at the regular November 20th Board meeting.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call Fire Chief Steve Brooks at 239- 8593, check our website www.laceyfire.com, or find us on Facebook at Lacey Fire District Three.
PSP’s Ecosystem Coordination Board Meeting Nov. 13
The Puget Sound Partnership’s Ecosystem Coordination Board will meet from 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 13, at Edmonds City Hall, Brackett Conference Room, 121 Fifth Ave. N., Edmonds. The Ecosystem Coordination Board is the policy advisory body of the Puget Sound Partnership.
Agenda highlights include:
• A review of models for funding Puget Sound protection and restoration with EPA Puget Sound Geographic Fund appropriations for 2016 and beyond.
• An update and discussion on pilot projects and recommended indicators of progress related to the Human Wellbeing Vital Signs.
• Updates on the Action Agenda, 2015 legislative priorities and the 2015-17 Puget Sound Acquisition and Restoration Program large capital project ranking outcome.
Comment Period Extended for the Pacific Northwest Electronic Warfare Range EA
The comment period on a special use permit that would allow U. S. Navy training operations to be conducted from Olympic National Forest has been extended until November 28, 2014. Olympic National Forest received a request from the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station for a special use permit that would allow the Navy to conduct training exercises from twelve locations within Olympic National Forest. The current comment period was to end October 31, 2014. Dean Millett, the Pacific District Ranger and Responsible Official for this decision, stated, “I’ve decided to extend the current public comment period to ensure the public has plenty of time to share their thoughts. If you have already provided comments on this project, you do not need to comment again with the same information you’ve already provided.”
In addition to extending the comment period, the City of Port Angeles is hosting Navy and US Forest staff for a question and answer session on Thursday, November 6th from 6-8pm in Port Angeles, WA. The location for this event is the City Council Chambers, located at 321 East Fifth Street, Port Angeles, WA.
- I-5 Lane Closures Coming To Olympia Overnight Friday, Saturday
- Kitsap County to Host Open House on Final Shoreline Master Program Nov. 17
- Members Sought For Master Hunter Advisory Group
- 2014 Community Survey - Mason County Department Of Health
- PUD 3 Special Meeting, Rate Hearing and 2015 Budget Hearing - November 10